Children and Medicine: A Compounding Challenge
Children can present several challenges when it comes to taking their medications. Some children may resist taking a liquid medicine due to its taste, others may have difficulty swallowing pills. Also, many children have a fear of injections, which leads to different problems altogether.
Also, many medications aren’t labeled for children. If a medication isn’t approved for use in infants and children, it typically isn’t available in a suitable pediatric dosage forms.
CAP RX: A Custom Solution for Children’s Oral Medication
Many HIV and Transplantation medications are compounded for pediatrics and children here at the TTCC. We can help your child’s medicine go down with less resistance, by compounding oral medications into many pleasantly flavored forms, including:
- “Gummy Shapes”
These are available in a rainbow of colors and flavors that makes it more fun for your child to take the medication.
Of Course, Medicine Only Helps When Your Child Actually Takes It!
Our compounded formulations may offer you and your child real advantages over typical formulations:
- Compliance: Your child is more likely to take his or her medicine.
- Less Waste: Less resistance means fewer spills, and less lost medicine.
- Improved Outcomes: It’s not a mystery, when kids take their medicine, it helps them get better!
CAP RX Can Help With Many Common Pediatric Challenges
CAP RX can offer solutions for a variety of childhood conditions, including:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Diaper Rash
- All Purpose Nipple Ointment to assist with breast feeding
- Fungal Infections
- Head Lice
- Nausea & Vomiting
- Topical Anesthesia